16-19 Programme of Study
How do we meet the requirements of the 16 – 19 study programme?
- The sixth form program at Sir William Ramsay School consists of Level 3 qualifications (A-Levels, BTECs and Cambridge Nationals) programme of study. All students study 3 or 4 Level 3 subjects and an Enrichment subject in Year 12.
- Students who do not hold a grade 4 in Maths or English are allocated lessons on their timetables to retake these subjects. They can retake either Maths and/or English.
- Students in our Sixth Form are expected to take part in several activities during morning registration which provides them with the opportunity to develop a range of skills.
- Mentoring is used effectively to discuss a range of important issues and develop key skills. This is completed with the Tutor/Head of Sixth Form
- Every student in Year 12 takes part in our Lecture Series and Year 13 in our Future Pathways sessions once a fortnight. This provides our students opportunities to cover life skills, the process of applying to universities, apprenticeships, and employment and student finance.
- We provide opportunities for our students to visit higher education providers.
- All students receive careers and future planning support
- Year 12 students actively seek work experience placements with the support of the Sixth Form Team and the Head of Careers. Work experience is conducted throughout Year 12 once a week.