Year 13 Exam Results Day
We are delighted to report some outstanding achievements by our students in their A-Level and BTECs this summer with nearly 50% of the grades at A*-B or their BTEC equivalent, with nearly 35% grades at B or C with an overall 98% pass rate.
- Rebecca Waldron with Biology (A), Geography (A), Criminology (A*) and Extended Diploma (A) who is going to Edge Hill University to study Primary Early Years Education.
- Grace Bayliss with Art (A*), Textiles (A*), Physics (B) and Extended Diploma (A) who is going to De Montfort University to study Fashion Textile Design.
- Katie Fleming with Art (A*), Product Design (A), Maths (B) and Extended Diploma (A) who is going to Loughborough University to study Design.
- James Timewell with Maths (A), ICT (Distinction *), Psychology (B) and Extended Diploma (A) who is going to Swansea University to study Business Management with Finance.
- Alex Simons with ICT (Distinction*), Business Studies (Distinction) and Sport (Distinction) who will be doing an Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Darcie Raynor with Psychology (A*), History (A), English Literature (B) and Extended Diploma (A) who is going to York University to study English.
- Alex Mitchell with Photography (A*), Art (A), Product Design (B) and Extended Diploma (A) who is going to Pearson College London to study The Art of Computer Animation.
Over 90% of our students got into their first or reserve choice University.
Christine McLintock, the school’s Executive Headteacher said: “Congratulations to all of our students on making it through an incredibly tough two years. Many were unable to sit GCSEs in 2020 and so this summer’s exams were the first external assessments they took. It’s a tremendous achievement, and we are very proud of them.
Our staff have worked tirelessly to ensure students are all able to progress onto further education and study, and we look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the future. "
Isla-May Dilinchev, Georgia Pegram-Mills, Darcie Rayner, Miah Woods, Rebecca Waldron celebrating their A-Level results today.
Nick and Alex Mitchell celebrating their A-Level results today.