Values & Ethos
Empowering Everyone to Achieve
A community where every voice counts, where talent and creativity are brought to life, where students grow in confidence, build resilience and are prepared for the rest of their lives.
- Be Respectful – always treat people, property and the environment with kindness and consideration.
- Be Ambitious – ask for help when you need it and strive to be the best you can be.
- Be Reliable – do what is asked of you and deliver on your commitments.
- Be Resilient – your daily challenges are helping you grow and prepare for the future.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
- Raising students above the ordinary by developing and delivering lifelong learning which transforms lives.
- Ensuring every person feels valued, safe and happy.
- Enabling students to feel proud of themselves, and celebrate the success of others.
- Promoting a culture of mutual respect where everyone is treated as a valued member of the school community.
- Encouraging positive communication so that words and actions are thoughtful, supportive and motivational.
- Placing parents and carers at the heart of the life of the school.
- Having highly dedicated and well-qualified staff who are committed to continuous professional development.
- Adopting an ethos of continuous improvement within all aspects of school life.
Sir William Ramsay is an inclusive and diverse community.
Sir William Ramsay School works to eliminate all forms of unlawful discrimination on the grounds of ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or ability.
This is achieved the following principles:
- Ensure that students have the opportunity to reach their potential in all areas of school life.
- Ensure that parents/carers and students can make choices free from prejudice and stereotyping.
- Oppose any form of racism, sexism, disability discrimination, homophobia or any other form of discrimination.
- Value every student's language and cultural background.