Ethos & Values
Empowering Everyone to Achieve
Sir William Ramsay School is a dynamic learning community which promotes individual and collaborative success for all.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
- Raising students above the ordinary by developing and delivering lifelong learning which transforms lives
- Ensuring every person feels valued, safe and happy
- Enabling students to feel proud of themselves, and celebrate the success of others
- Promoting a culture of mutual respect where everyone is treated as a valued member of the school community
- Encouraging positive communication so that words and actions are thoughtful, supportive and motivational
- Placing parents and carers at the heart of the life of the school
- Having highly dedicated and well-qualified staff who are committed to continuous professional development
- Adopting an ethos of continuous improvement within all aspects of school life
We underpin our vision and mission by embracing the values of:
- Compassion and respect
- Honesty and trust
- Courage and ambition
- Diversity, inclusively and community
Sir William Ramsay is an inclusive and diverse community.
Sir William Ramsay School works to eliminate all forms of unlawful discrimination on the grounds of ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or ability.
This is achieved the following principles:
- Ensure that students have the opportunity to reach their potential in all areas of school life
- Ensure that parents and students can make choices free from prejudice and stereotyping
- Oppose any form of racism, sexism, disability discrimination, homophobia or any other form of discrimination
- Value every student's language and cultural background