The Governing Body of Sir William Ramsay School
We have a committed, enthusiastic and dedicated group of Governors who are a key aspect of the leadership and management of the school. While Governors do not get involved in the daily running of the school they hold the Headteacher and other leaders to account.
The three key area roles of a Governing Body are to:
- Provide strategic direction for the school;
- Support the Headteacher and constantly look to raise standards;
- ensure accountability.
This means that Governors get involved in:
- Deciding how the budget should be spent and ensuring good value for money;
- Making sure the curriculum provides for and stretches all students;
- Making sure the school buildings are welcoming, safe and well used;
- Setting and monitoring the schools values, aims and policies;
- Appointing staff and making sure the right development and reward arrangements are in place.
Although Governors do not need specialist skills to carry out their role, we are lucky to have a wide range of highly experienced Governors who work together as a team to set high expectations and ask challenging questions.
Should parents/carers wish to make contact with Governors, please email Clerk to Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Keith Deane - Chair Appointed Governor
Mr Paul Fleming - Vice Chair Co-opted Governor
Mrs Christine McLintock - Headteacher
Mrs Kelly Anderson - Parent Governor
Mr Stuart Carter - Appointed Governor
Mrs Helen Davies - Parent Governor
Miss Chantel Gray - Parent Governor
Mr Martin Goodwill - Appointed Governor
Mr Tom Gregory - Appointed Governor
Mr Tim Hudson - Parent Governor
Mr Kieran Hughes - Staff Governor
Ms Lucy Joseph - Appointed Governor
Mrs Laura Standen - Appointed Governor
Miss Julia Veness - Appointed Governor